Thursday, September 9, 2010

Funky Banner

This isn't my familiar style. I just got carried away. One of my favorite mom jobs has always been being able to be the "cheerleader" of my kids. Sometimes that meant screaming until I was hoarse while my son ran in a touchdown (one time I ran it in too, from the sidelines). Other times it was for soccer games. Sometimes I cheered for the play, other times I cheered for the kids, mine or others. Thankfully one doesn't cheer at concerts where my other daughter played the flute. Maybe being carried away is my familiar style. I'm still cheering my kids on. Black and Orange happen to be the colors of University of the Pacific, where one of my daughters attends. Mailing this off to her tomorrow with cookies. The evolving banner began with Nestibilities Labels 8 die and A Muse Onyx and Orange Crush papers. I love buying the latest and greatest papers but too often many great papers get left behind so I grabbed some of last years Memory Box 6x6 papers along with A Muse Kitchen Black and Orange and worked it into a banner. Large black eyelets on either side of each individual letter holds an orange strand of grograin orange ribbon that strings it together. Slice Vintage Findings produced the letters and layered jagged circle. I blame all the funk on Tim Holtz for his fabulous funky distress inks. Ribbon here and there by A Muse and May Arts (I think). Spritzed a little bit of Iridescent Gold Glimmer Mist. Teeny bits of A Muse Creative Candy finished off the adornment.

No comments:

Post a Comment