Monday, April 4, 2011

Chick N Egg - Sister Style


She plays with fabric, I play with paper. My sister does wonderful things with fabric. Last week she surprised me with such a sweet pillow for Easter. I think I went "Aw!" for a half and hour just looking at it. We both love applique. The chick, flowers, and egg here are all felted wool applique. Her stitches are so perfect. Amazing. Look at that cute little button, wheel. The pillow front is a soft yellow swirly flannel and is backed with wool in a soft olive color to match the scalloped ribbon she chose for the edging.

Then I gave it a try in paper. A Muse Studio Rubber Stamps has a retired image "Chick" that I paired up with the birthday hat from "Itty Bitty Birthday" and the egg from "egg-stravaganza" and flowers from "friend to friend" and "snail & co." to come up with my rendition.
Images, paper, inks and papaya flocking all A Muse Studio
button & twine from my cupboard

6 comments:

  1. How sweet of your sister to make that for you. It is adorable and so is your card!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fun projects, Donna! I love the way you and your sister are inspired by each other! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Donna, your sisters pillow looks amazing. I stared at it for a while thinking awww....Then I looked at your card and said the same thing. I LOVE how you created the card based on her pillow. Cute, cute, cute!
    Adorable that the flowers come out of an egg shell. Totally love both projects.
    Have a great Easter weekend!
    Hugs and smiles

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just love them. Your card looks just like your sister's pillow. BTW, thank you so much for your letter and your goodies. I have been so very busy at work and at home. I am really looking forward to this summer. Mahalo!

    ReplyDelete