Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Christmas at Dusk



PB&J (Penny Black & Jill Foster) are offering up a Technique Challenge creating a background with Distress Inks. I've enjoyed this Penny Black image as part of my "collection" for years and inked it and linked it. Jill has a great technique video using 2 different Distress Inks and applying them in graduating colors. The two I used here were: Shabby Shutters & Forest Moss, Spun Sugar and Victorian Velvet. I touched up the edges of my tag with Walnut. The banner tag was sponged with Parchment.

I needed a small "Alpha" set for my sentiment banner & this Lawn Fawn set was perfect! This cute mouse reminded me of a time at Christmas (I was 12) when I had my own little Christmas all by myself and opened all my Christmas presents ahead of time, while my parents were "out" for the evening. I had to quickly wrap them all up again before anyone came back home. Whew!

Did you ever do that?


Images: Penny Black & Lawn Fawn (Smittys ABC's)
Inks: Tim Hotz Distress Inks - as above
Ribbon: a•muse|studio & twine
Paper: a•muse|studio Vanilla and BasicGrey
Copics

No comments:

Post a Comment