Saturday, October 22, 2011

Sisters, Chocolate and Paper Applique!



Chocolate & Sisters, what could be better? There's lots of different kinds of "Sisters" so this fun "How Sweet it is" set from My Favorite Things can be very handy! Paper Piecing is one of those things to get "lost" in. It's totally addicting! You plan on doing one little thing and before you know it, you are in the midst of a puzzle. Normally, I stay away from puzzles, but this has me hooked. It harkens back to my love of appliqué, I think.

In this image it started with the chair and the flowers, and it just kept perpetuating itself. I used Copic Markers on the "chocolates" and highlights and shadows, but other than that, it's all paper pieced!

Images: My Favorite Things
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black
Paper: a•muse|studio and BasicGrey
Ribbon: Hoarded from my stash
Button: a•muse|studio

3 comments:

  1. Adorable card. I am with you. I love paper piecing and the look you can achieve with that technique.
    Hugs and smiles

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's funny, the word that popped into my head, when I saw this, was adorable! Then I saw the first comment. Hmm, it really must be!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is just too fun! Love the chair - I can imagine you sitting there in a couple days partaking :)

    ReplyDelete