Monday, November 28, 2011

Color Swatch Challenge Celebration

There's a 5th Anniversary celebration happening at Ellen Hutson's blog and Julie added to the fun with a Color Swatch Challenge.

Julie says:

"Are you enjoying the festivities so far?! Well, let's just add to that fun!

I'm here today with a Color Swatch Challenge and a fun card sample!



Brace yer-selves . . . I used this combo to make a HOLIDAY card! "


Visit Julie's Challenge HERE





I gave it a try using a little bit of an unconventional design. I was literally holding this MB Crisp Bow that I had die-cut out of some Foil Tape Sheets, when what to my twinkling eyes should appear, but this idea that streaked through my brain! I turned the bow die upside down on a circle I had punched out and "Voila!" a fancy ornament embellishment!

The Winter Stag stamp set has been a favorite of mine this year by a•muse|studio and I used it to make the flourishes on the "ornaments" as well as for the sentiment.

What a fun COLOR Combo!

4 comments:

  1. Brilliant--with the foil they just look completely like metallic pieces. Very simple and graphically striking.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are great for ornaments! Very pretty card.

    ReplyDelete
  3. DONNA IS A ROCK STAR!!! Oh my!!! I gotta try this!!! Can you believe I don't have any of that tape?!! Egaads!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the inspired way you used the MB die! Great card. :-)

    ReplyDelete