Thursday, November 10, 2011

Holiday Card Boot Camp

Camping isn't my favorite. But, I'm having so much fun taking the Online Holiday Card Boot Camp. So here we are at Day 5 and I shrieked with delight as I saw a card I loved, with a fun and simple design. I knew it had to be...Julie Ebersole! She is one of the many tremendous Guest Designers in this fabulous class.

Day 3 with Jennifer McGuire had us using the new Hero Arts & Sizzix Stamp & Emboss set's with Textured impressions to create that "Letterpress" look. Wow! I substituted product I had on hand by a•muse|studio "Fern ink" and Memento "New Sprout" to come up with a combination that pretty much mimicked that Letterpress effect. Jennifer encouraged us to use a variety of different die cuts or photo's to fill up our circle cut, but I had an a•muse|studio "Tree Die" that worked perfectly after I snipped a little off the bottom. I twinkled it up with stickers and pearls and was happy with how it turned out.



One thing that Jennifer did that I just could not bring myself to do was cut my rubber. It's obviously an advanced technique of the mind over matter thing. So when I only needed a "part" of my sentiment and didn't want to chance getting the other words inky, I covered those words with Washi tape. Yep, I did - just taped right over those words I didn't want and they didn't mind at all. And no rubber was hurt in the process.

Lots of giveaways and interactive galleries too!

2 comments:

  1. Super cute card. I can't cut my stamps either.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a great card - and I am right with you - I cannot bring myself to cut my stamps - the poor things!
    ;-)

    ReplyDelete