Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Santa's gone Postal



I needed a quick card today. Many things on the to do list and wanted a card that I could put together super fast. A little package needed to be mailed and taken to the post office and I wanted a card to put inside. I love this Santa image from a•muse|studio Vintage Christmas Postmarks set. He's vintage looking and yet authentic of how I like my Santa's to look. Very quickly I colored him in with Copics and used a Circle Nestibilities to punch him out. Next, added a size in Cherry for another layer and finished it with a Fern colored Scalloped Circle Nestibilities. The Candy Cane paper by a•muse|studio is a favorite, which matches perfectly with Cherry for the traditional Christmas look. I Versamarked the "cancellation" stamp in the Vintage Christmas Postmarks for my background. The HO HO HO Sentiment is from the "Mini Holiday Messages set. If you don't have this one yet, you need it!

Sometimes I'll sit and get lost in a design and it seems to take forever for my card to take shape. Not so with this one. Bam! Layers on, Sentiment banner stamped, trimmed and done! Just how I like it! Hope you do!!!

Everything by a•muse|studio

3 comments:

  1. I love it when it all comes together quickly! So cute, especially the background on the kraft. Pulls it all together!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous! I think your design is wonderful and hope the receiver of the package loves it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This really came together well. The vintage Christmas postmarks set didn't interest me but I do like what you've done with it here.

    ReplyDelete