Friday, November 11, 2011

Woodgrain, Holly & Merry Christmas



Recognize this Clean & Simple design with mega "Style?" When I saw the card, I did a little squeal in my studio! I love Julie's creations. This design is simple to "reproduce" in mass so would make a great choice for your holiday card! Julie Ebersole is one of the Guest Designers for the online "Holiday Card Boot Camp." Each day there are new cards, and new video tutorials loaded for you to watch at your convenience. What could be easier than that? Lots of ideas different from mine, so it makes for great inspiration!

I didn't have the exact "Holly" that Julie used on her card, although it was really cute. Instead, I substituted a 2011 Penny Black image using only a portion of the stamp. I used a•muse|studio Woodgrain Background stamp (which I love) and substituted the a•muse|studio "Wasabi" pigment ink which I let dry and then deepened the color with colored pencils. I love the look of colored pencil on Kraft paper. It took a bit longer with the pencils than with a darker "dye" based ink, that I would use when producing in mass but, for my "masterpiece" I enjoyed working with the pencils.
I also substituted a Hero Sentiment "Merry Christmas" and loved the look of Julie's "faux" ribbon with the Signo pen stitching.

Julie's video was well done, entertaining & full of her bubbling personality and chortle's.

2 comments:

  1. I think your card came out wonderful and that Julie would be tickled pink.

    I also tried my hand on this one that Julie shared, as I loved it. I did not have all the same stamps, so I used what I had and it came out fairly well!!

    I totally LOVE Camp!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it Donna! We have a love for Julie's style in common. I CASE her regularly, hoping that one day her brilliance will rub off on me. I just love the look of pencil on kraft. It's gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete