Friday, January 13, 2012

Love Always & Friends - Clean & Simple

Being a fan of the Clean and Simple, I knew this class would be right up my alley! I love the format of the classes, set up in such a way if you can't participate on any specific "day," you can forever go back and view it when you get a chance. Since my youngest is home for the last bit of her Christmas break from college, we've been doing things together and I haven't been in my Studio much. I am loving our first week of the Clean and Simple Online Card Class and when the house is quiet, I've snuck off to my Studio and enjoyed the samples, video's and downloads.




Kristina started us off with an adorable Clean and Simple card leaving a large "white space" by using a Mask in a 3" square. Her inspiration used 3 hearts above the sentiment. I used HERO arts Lace Background so I thought the punched flowers matched up nicely with the lacey flowers.

Maile Belles shared another "Sketch" inspiration with her "Happy Card." She used a Papertrey Ink die to cut her "happy" whereas I substituted the "Cherish Border" die from Memory Box. I popped my border accent up with dimensionals to get it that extra little shadow. It pairs simply perfect with a•muse|studio rubber stamps "Love Always" sentiment from the popular HandScripted set.

Love taking classes and stretching my creative wings a bit. It sure beats shoveling snow!

9 comments:

  1. Love them, great minds think alike!!! I also use this die for my cards too!!! Have fun in class!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. How fun, Kerry! I haven't had time to check the gallery, but I just found yours on your blog! You are right, great minds do think alike and what a beautiful die and your beautiful card, as well!

      Delete
  2. Love the use of the die and sentiment. Love the border with the simple focal point of the flowers. My kind of class. Fun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous cards!!! Love them! I'll have to get that die now! I love it!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You can play with mine when you come visit!

      Delete