Saturday, February 18, 2012

Simon Says Stamp Challenge: Simon Says "Tag it!"


Had an opportunity to use some of my favorite Tim images on this Challenge by Simon Says Stamp. I am so looking forward to Spring that I grabbed this "Urban Chic" set. I love the sentiment even if it is a bit "off" theologically speaking. I love the bird and the vines!

I started with A Muse Studio card stock in Sugar and used several different T. Holtz Distress Inks to create the faded blue green background. Stamped the Vine in Forest Moss and the Bird in Walnut. Then I fussy cut the bird and popped it up on dimensionals and couldn't help thinking about the video "Put a Bird on it." I used BasicGrey decorative papers and some hoarded lace on the tag bottom. Then I finished it off by adding die cut alpha letters from PTI.

Another stretch far from my comfortable clean and simple style, but oh, so fun!

Go give it a try yourself @ Simon Says Stamp

Thanks for looking!

7 comments:

  1. A fantastic tag, your design and colours are fabulous, such great details and great stamping.

    Thanks so much for joining the Simon Says Stamp challenge
    hugs
    Heather xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful. I love Tim H. designs. I used one of his stamps on my DH's valentine.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous tag Donna, such lovely colours and I love the stamp.
    Please don't forget to link back to us hun to qualify for the fabby prize :)
    Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp
    hugs Mandy xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Mandy! Got it back linked now! Thanks for your sweet comment, too!

      Delete
  4. I really should check out the Simon Says Stamp blog. I do give Simon a nice chunk of my money from time to time (dies and lovely things I must have!). Anyway, great, great tag, love the colors and the nature theme. Fun times.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks PJ!!! They do have lovely things!

      Delete