Monday, April 30, 2012

Feel Better Soon!

Sending this off to a friend who needs a "Feel Better" card. Hoping by the time it arrives she is up and at it! My postal carrier made me smile this weekend when he left some happy mail in my mailbox! I ordered some of the new "My Mind's Eye" Howdy Doody, Designer Papers. It is divine! Love the sweet florals and complimentary stripes. It's a good one! I shoulda bought two, because now I want to hoard it! And this stamp, it's by HERO ARTS and reminds me of my big pink tea rose. Since I live in Alaska and it would never winter over in our cold winters, it spent the snowy winter at our local nursery until I pick it up later this month! (Yay, it's May!) I think I should thank Julie Ebersole for the enabling on this Classic Tea Flower #H5577. She did a video for Ellen Hutson, the Classroom HERE. I love using the water brush to just move the Distress inks around slightly. It's such a pretty flower it would look beautiful with Copic markers, colored pencils, or embossing. I even paper pieced and fussy cut each petal on another card. Thanks for stopping by!

4 comments:

  1. Very nice clean and simple card. Love that the paper goes so perfectly with the image.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Gale! I just love these patterns and colors!

      Delete
  2. Love this card!!! Gorgeous flower! ;-) I bet it will cheer your friend right up!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Lindsay! I finally got it inked up! I love this image, too!

      Delete