Thursday, May 17, 2012

Lawn Fawn Zipper, Pull Tab Card

It all started with Julie Ebersole's Interactive Card Design class in the How Now School of Creative Arts. I like cards that "do" something and this class is where that is happening! Each card either folds, pops, flips or zips! This is the Zipper card. There is a "tab" at the card bottom that, when pulled, reveals a sentiment. I was shopping my stamp stash looking for an "arrow" for the pull-tab when I found the "airmail" arrow from Lawn Fawn's "You've Got Mail,"set. I flipped the stamp on the wrong side so only the image of the arrow would ink and the "airmail" sentiment wouldn't show up. It worked perfectly! Underneath my Lawn Fawn "Smitty's ABC's" sentiment "LOOK" is the "sending love your way" sentiment from the "You've Got Mail," set. I white embossed it after measuring carefully to make sure it could be seen when the pull tab was pulled. My new Washi Tape from Cutetape matches A Muse Studio Rubber Stamps "bubblegum pink" paper perfectly. I added a small piece of Bo-Bunny decorative paper from their Alora Collection that made a nice scalloped piece to offset the image. Dialed in the vintage TV from Lawn Fawn's "Stay Tuned" set and stamped that in Versafine, Onyx Black. And truly, underneath that pull tab is just the darling "sending love your way" sentiment embossed in white embossing powder. Such a fun class and a fun card!

2 comments:

  1. So cute!! I love the zipper cards-what a cool idea.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Gale! Very easy and fun card! Thanks for looking!

      Delete