Sunday, May 27, 2012

Tweedy

Thanks to HERO Arts/BasicGrey Plumeria Collection and Claudine Hellmuth's, "So Retro" stamps for helping me create this fun card for my husband, ahem, my dad. Whether it's birthday or Father's Day, this card would be perfect. Ok, let me get a little nostalgic here. My dad was one of my favorite guys ever, along with my husband who IS my favorite guy. Was, is the operative word here, because dear Dad is now "singing with the angels" because he was an awesome tenor as he sang with the Anchorage Lutheran Church choir. Truth is, I still have his tweed hat. Couldn't part with it! It sits in our entry way closet as if he were just visiting! Fathers Day and my dear husbands' birthday are close together so I thought this would be PERFECT for his birthday or Father's Day! Captured an opportunity here as I used the Hero Arts/BasicGrey "tweed" stamp to make the background with HERO Arts, Soft Pool on AMuse Studio Sky card stock. Inked Claudine Hellmuth's images up in Colorbox "Chestnut Roan" Chalk on A|S Sugar card stock, and fussy cut & used dimensionals to pop up the hat. Copic's colored up the hatband & feather. Caught up with the tweed design on the hat, it just flew through my brain that a "Tweedy" sentiment would work perfectly for the sentiment on this card. Thankfully, Lawn Fawn supplied the alphabet. My dear husband laughed, and I'm sure Dad is, too!

10 comments:

  1. Very cute and clever! Love all the tweedy-ness of the background and images.

    ReplyDelete
  2. sweet story! :) I'm sure your Dad would love this card (and as wonderful as husbands are, Dad's hold a special spot in the heart that only they can fill). And that is some seriously dizzying tweed :) Love that you thought to use it as your hat and suit case - very fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, right, Jill? Girls and their dads!!! Love that tweed! Thanks for your sweet comments!

      Delete
  3. Thanks, GALE! It's such a fun background image! Perfect for so many fun things! Glad you liked it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is totally awesome!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. hehe, love the play on words! Cute card!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for taking the time to comment, Novell! Love words :) -

      Delete