Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Fathers Day Shadow Box

Are you ready for Father's Day? Special holidays call for special cards and this shadow box card is fashioned after one in the recent "Fold it, Pop it, Flip it, Zip it" online card class Julie Ebersole taught in the "How Now School of Creative Arts." I used exclusively A Muse Studio Rubber Stamps on this card that went together easily to make up a multidimensional "Man" card for Father's Day. The Sailboat focal image comes from the "Life's a Breeze" set. The Happy Fathers Day sentiment is from the "Essential Sentiments" set and the small "Thinking of You" is from the "Life's a Song" set. The "Thinking of You" sentiment comes "linear" and I needed all the words to fit inside the sun, so I inked each word individually and stamped them each underneath the other. It worked perfectly! The A Muse Studio "Cloud die" provided the dimension inside the shadow box. I decided on some decorative papers I had in a "My Mind's Eye - Follow Your Heart - Be Amazing" collection for the die cuts. The soft patterned papers added just the touch I was looking for. Although the shadow box is secured with tape, the added Baker's Twine is just what finishes my take on the fun Shadow Box style card.

5 comments:

  1. This is so neat!! I love these kinds of 3d projects.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. These were my favorite projects, by far! I love cards that "do" something! Thanks Gale for checking this out! <3 !

      Delete
  2. Very sweet card Donna - I especially love the textured clouds. Oh, and a good reminder that I had better get a card made for my dad!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cool idea! Love it! I just made my husband a Father's Day shadowbox in a frame. ( Love the idea to make it in a card. I found you through the Moxie Fab blogroll)

    ReplyDelete
  4. How did I miss this??!! I love those shadow box cards...they are so fun and ALWAYS impressive!

    ReplyDelete