Saturday, June 9, 2012

Paper Cupcakes!

No calories in these beauties! This image from Paper Smooches is entirely paper pieced with the lovely This & That Collection from Echo Park Paper. So many different varieties of patterns in this 6x6 pack. Since I haven't been too much of a Scrapbook creator I love that these different papers come in the smaller pack. I have many! And, I find I get hung up on certain small dot patterns. I think the frosting tops on the two outside cupcakes looks pretty much like sprinkles and the brown was divine,and who wouldn't love a chocolate cupcake! Now I've seen how my paper crafting idols cut up their sentiments and *gasped* the first time I saw it on video. One of these days I'm going to bravely attempt that. One of these days. So on this sentiment, I used my powder tool, prepped my surface and carefully "Versamarked" the sentiment as I wanted it to appear in a linear fashion since the stamp is more of a square sentiment. The solid card stock is A Muse Studio "Blush." I love A Muse Studio card stock! Why not enter a card in the Paper Smooches "Be Our Guest" guest designer search? You can even use one of their free "digi" images to get started! Have a fun weekend! Thanks for taking a look!

9 comments:

  1. Cute cupcakes! Love the paper piecing too. Looks perfect.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Gale. I think paper piecing is my favorite technique.

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. When you say "cut up their sentiments" do you mean the actual stamp? *gasp*?! I would be afraid to make a mistake, YET...I often do that with Club Scrap sayings since they love to do really long ones (being scrap oriented I guess). Love how you used bits and pieces of paper. I just bought my first Paper Smooches set. I haven't used it yet but soon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep! That's why it takes my breath away. You just cut right into the polymer. It seems to work just fine and gives more flexibility with the sentiment. Use words separately or together. This sentiment is pretty close in some of the letters so it may be a bit tricky.

      Delete
  4. Love the shadowbox, how clever!

    ReplyDelete