Wednesday, June 20, 2012

A Sunny Thank You!

Thanking friends for helping me welcome in a new decade *gasp* as I recently celebrated another birthday! Made up a couple of "Thank You" notes using the "Sunny Skies" set by Lawn Fawn. I'm a fan of CAS (Clean and Simple) cards & this was a pretty quick card. I used 4 1/4 square white card stock with a circle punched out of the top left portion of the card, and using my pencil gave myself guidelines to stamp the "sun" with Rich Cocoa Memento ink and then colored it in with Copics. I adhered my sentiment to my "Fiskars" stamp press and literally with measurements on the tool and my rulered stamp surface was able to literally eyeball the placement of the sentiment. Punched a strip of My Mind's Eye, Howdy Doody decorative paper with my scallop punch to place on the inside bottom of the card, which becomes visible when you cut 1/2" off the bottom of the front of the card. Punched a little heart & used dimensionals to mount it alongside the sentiment and cut a thin piece of red decorative paper to attach to the underside of the front of the card to give some splash of color and attached the A Muse Studio organdy dot ribbon. And that's it! Easy, peasy! Happy Solstice! Images: Lawn Fawn Paper: A Muse Studio, My Mind's Eye Ink: Memento Rich Cocoa Copics: Y11, Y13, Y17, BG10, 0 Accessories: Nestibilities Std Circle, ek Heart Punch Ribbon: A Muse Studio

6 comments: