Monday, July 16, 2012

Never too late...for a Challenge or a Class

I signed up for another fun class with Jennifer McGuire and Kristina Werner. This one, "Stretch Your Stamps," is filled with fun ideas for using the same stamp in different ways. There are other fun tips that are shared along the way, as well. One of today's class cards was a Swing Card stamped on glitter. I hadn't thought about stamping on a glittered background before, but this was awesome! Since these classes are archived, I think you can probably still sign up. It just so happened that Paper Smooches was having another SPARKS Challenge HERE This week we are inspired by this color story!
I chose three (3) images from the Paper Smooches "Get Outta Town" set for this Challenge. Hibiscus flowers are some of my favorite tropical flowers which I colored with Distress Markers. The subtle background is stamped in Hero Arts Soft Pool with the pineapple image. The sentiment was stamped with Archival ink. And, the card swings open for a little message.
Did I say I love this Paper Smooches set? One of my favorites!

8 comments:

  1. WOW Donna, superb card. I am taking this stamp class as well. You did great with today's technique tutorial. Loved the coloring and the choice of stamps. This turned out just superb.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Banu! I love taking the online card classes. Thanks for your sweet comments on my card. Hope you stop back by again!

      Delete
  2. This is BEAUTIFUL Donna! One question...you said you stamped on glitter. Where's the glitter? I know it's hard to get glitter photographed!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Lori! The glitter didn't show up well on the photograph. The entire white background is burnished glitter that is my stamping surface for they hibiscus. It's very fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. very lovely Images and lovely colors you have used...beautifully done...


    I am joining also Paper smooches Sparks challenge, my card is Nr. 24, would you mind to see it on my blog? Many thanks before :) hugs, Monika

    ReplyDelete