Saturday, August 25, 2012

Kristina Werner Inspired Flip Circle Card

Stole some time away from the puppies to make this card inspired by Kristina Werner HERE It was love at first sight when I saw this card. I had to have that Sizzix die and use A Muse Studio Rubber Stamps Venetian background for the embossed vellum. Love that TRENDY background. For the heart die, I used A Muse Studio's Heart trio die set. After I used the Spellbinders Scalloped Circle for the inside cut, I wondered if the original card used the Spellbinders "Blossom" Die. Either would work, fine. Since my BasicGrey 6x6 pad of PB&J was nearly gone, I decided to try my fresh new pad of BasicGrey,"Clippings." I don't think there is a BG decorative paper I didn't love!
Love this card design, it's just so "flippin'" cute! Images: A Muse Studio Rubber Stamps - Venetian Background and Sentiment from Handscripted Ink: Versamark and Versafine (black - sentiment) Paper: A Muse Studio Kraft & BasicGrey Clippings, Vellum (40lb) Dies: Sizzix Circle Flip and Spellbinders Scalloped Circle Accessories: White embossing powder

3 comments:

  1. That is so cool!! I love that flippy part-what a great idea.

    Are you getting prepared for winter? I know you guys up there had a pretty lousy summer, weather wise. My sister lives up there and hates it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do love this die! Such an easy thing when you use that die. I don't want to think about winter, but it is inevitable. Yes, it hasn't been one of those awesome summers. When we have record snow winters it's always nice to have a sunny summer. Guess I'll just stay inside and stamp and kiss puppies.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ha ha! I saw that same tutorial and had to run right out to buy then die. Then I got the die and had to go back and buy the special cut/emboss plate. It makes a great card. Gotta find some envelopes for it though.... 5x5 I think.

    ReplyDelete