Thursday, September 27, 2012

Playing with Canvas

Today in the Kickstart classroom we saw some of our favorite paper crafting artists creating with new products, i.e. wood paper or a different style that wasn't ordinarily their go to style. In front of me in one of my little scalloped tins sat some canvas labels that I purchased some time ago with the idea that it would be fun to make something with them. And they sat... So this was a new product for me. Also, sitting on my desk was a Element Sticker sheet from Echo Park in the Chillingsworth Manor pattern. I don't use stickers on my cards, ever. But, I could change Smiley from millan.net So here is what I came up with. A little Distress Ink, A little canvas, a sticker and a fun new style, kinda.
Images: Paper Smooches Paper & Stickers by Echo Park Ribbon: A Muse Studio Accessories: Glossy Accents for EyE's and Copics for Color

4 comments:

  1. Love your whole card, every detail. The green chevron background with the orange polka dot strip, your chevron ribbon is such a cool add on and I love the dimension canvas adds to a project. So cute.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your sweet comments Angel! Such encouragement and class from inspiring paper crafters!

      Delete
  2. So cute!! I love the canvas-how neat is that. It really does add neat texture and dimension. I'll have to dig in my fabric stash and see if I have something like that.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks, Gale. It was really fun to play with the canvas. I would heat set the ink next time. Also, take special care with coloring if you use Copics as they wanted to bleed just a tad with the fabric.

    ReplyDelete