Monday, September 23, 2013

Greetings

Yesterday's post welcomed Fall.  Remember I said it would be short?  Today the snow came.  Merry Fall.  Thankfully, the snow didn't stick around all day.  I think it melted off sometime in the afternoon.  No worries, it will be back.  Sometime in October it will probably stick for months.  Five or six months, actually.  Here's what it looked like today.

So in light of today's snow fall I offer up this Christmas greeting card as a token of appreciation for the fact that it melted today, and that tomorrow we might enjoy a bit more fall weather since the leaves are still on the birch trees and haven't really turned yellow yet.  
This is a sweet image from Penny Black that I found at my local stamp store, The Stamp Attic .  Copic markers were used to color the holly leaves and berries with glossy accents added to the berries.  I colored the birds with colored pencil, copying the colors off of a vintage postcard that I have from a collection from my Auntie.    The Paper Smooches sentiment is stamped in black and embossed with clear embossing powder.  The Kraft paper has a wee bit of Mr. Huey's goodness sprayed on it to give it that wintery look, kind of what we had out our windows here today.  The sheer gold, May Arts ribbon adds the finishing touch, and I do love this ribbon!  It's available in a beautiful pomegranate color, too. 
Kind of puts me in the mood to just bypass fall and go straight to Christmas cards!    

No comments:

Post a Comment