Sunday, March 16, 2014

Hello Sunshine!

Iron off embossing technique on this card, using a stencil as a background.  I love this little stencil that came with a Studio Calico monthly card kit.  Initially I masked off the middle portion of the card to be white with just a sentiment showing.  Went through the watercolor process using Tim Holtz distress inks in Mustard Seed, Spiced Marmalade and Fired Brick.

Even though I taped my stencil down (it's not a full sized stencil) it tended to slip a bit as I applied the  Versamark.  The abstract look didn't bother me and I liked the color combination but, it needed something else.  Still maintaining the single layer card idea, I decided on an inlayed die look from Lawn Fawn, "Spring Showers."


I liked it!  So here's a little Sunshine!

13 comments:

  1. Whoa this is so cool!! Is there a tutorial somewhere on this technique? I love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was one of the online card classes techniques - very fun class, Gale!

      Delete
  2. Wow...awesome job on your card.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Dana - It was such a fun class!

      Delete
  3. Gorgeous. I love the colors and the circles!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Such a fun class, thanks for your kind comment!

      Delete
  4. This card does not only have the word sunshine on it - it IS like sunshine. Makes me feel happy!
    Thank you for the good feeling you gave me tonight. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so happy and sunny! I have that stencil too -- gotta try this! :)

    ReplyDelete