Monday, May 26, 2014

Thinking of you

Several months of traveling have had me missing from my crafty space but, I'm back again to share a card that has some fun beginnings!  It begins in Italy in the Piedmont area in a small town of Orio Canavese.  Actually, the trip began in France but, that's another story!

My husbands family came from here and a number of years ago when we visited we actually met up with our Italian relatives.  But, our real family there is the family that actually "connected the dots" and found the blood relatives and hosted us to a large family gathering.  And, that could be a book!

Our recent stay in Orio was brief but, filled with love, fun, food, and laughs!  And even though my husband had a round of pneumonia while we were there, we enjoyed ourselves immensely.  My Italian twin (we celebrate exactly the same birthday) gifted us with a present the night before we left.  It was wrapped in the most beautiful paper and was very oddly shaped.  I opened it carefully because I was determined to save the wrapping!  And inside was the largest wedge of parmesan cheese my refrigerator has ever seen!  And it tastes heavenly!

The little artist in the bunch (he is 5+) also had an "eye" on the paper, so I promised I would make him a card when I returned home.  So although I had no plan in mind as I began to design this card, it fell into place.


When you meet people that touch your heart in a special way they become the family that God intended for you to have all along.  




2 comments:

  1. What a great story! Thank you for sharing. Your card is so sweet, I am sure he is going to love it. Thank you for sharing with us at Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by! Yes, I hope to get a little package off to him this week! I'll try to link up to the Monday Challenge Blog, again!

      Delete