Thursday, July 10, 2014

Hello

Cloudy with a hope of sunshine!  Another take on the Summer Color Combo for the Lawnscaping Challenge, sponsored by SIMON SAYS STAMP.  Was going through some hoarded 12 x 12 paper today and ran across these colors!  I think they are Bazill and not sure if they are even available anymore.  I love the look of inlaid die cutting so the sun is inlaid for a smooth background.


My kite colors are from the Lawn Fawn 6x6 Petite Paper Pack (say that 3 times). The beams on the sun are from a beautiful spicy color in the BasicGrey Spice Market 6x6 Pack.  Was going for a bit of an abstract look for my kite tails so used some of the left over beams from the lighter sun color.  

And no sun again for us today and for all of you that are sweltering (I don't even know what that feels like!) it was 55 degrees today.  

The Mix:


   
   
   

4 comments:

  1. oh i just LOVE that inlaid die cutting! stunning!! i haven't tried that yet, but this card totally makes me want to test it out! thanks for playing along with Lawnscaping! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really love the look of the inlaid die cutting, too. Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  2. Adorable card! I really like the kite string and the inlaid sun! Thanks for playing along with us at Lawnscaping! :)

    ReplyDelete