Friday, September 26, 2014

Cozy Christmas - Mama Elephant and Mrs. Claus

Paper piecing Grandma on this cute little Tag style card for Mama Elephant and Me September Challenge.  The challenge this month is to use paper piecing in some way on your card.


I am a fan of hoarding my decorative paper and not using it so I grabbed a 6x6 petite paper pack of the Peace, Joy, Love collection from Lawn Fawn and had fun creating a little outfit for Mrs. Claus.  


Here's a close up of her dress and apron


Being a fan of appliqué, I just love paper piecing! Fussy cutting never bothers me and I love fitting all the little pieces together.
I wanted a snowy kind of background for contrast and used Mr. Huey's Mist in White.  A snowy background in September might not be in most weather forecasts but, living in Alaska it could happen at any time. Time to embrace the hot cocoa!

Cheers!

4 comments:

  1. Paper piecing perfection on such an adorable card! So glad you join us at Mama Elephant & Me!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I love playing with the ME&M Challenges!

      Delete
  2. LOVEE your paperpiecing!! It's so perfect! Thank you so much for playing with us at Mama Elephant and ME!

    ReplyDelete