Monday, November 3, 2014

Winter is on the way!

It may be fall in other places but, with snow on the ground and chilly temperatures (our low is suppose be 16 degrees tonight) I declare that "Winter is on the way!"

As I settled on some Doodlebug Frosty Friends 6x6 paper for my card, at the same time, I was playing catch up on Kristina Werner's Holiday Card Series 2014 and, as I masked my Lawn Fawn iceberg from the Critters in the Arctic set I ran across Kristina's card here . Day Five of Kristina's Holiday Card Series has a cute little Mama Elephant penguin on an ice flow. Deciding I was on to a good thing I quickly masked out my ice flow and penguin and used Distress Inks similar to her background for my little Tag from Lawn Cuts - "Tag You're It," set.

Here's a look at what I ended up with:
I love the Washi tape that perfectly matches one of the patterns in the Doodlebug 6x6 pad.  I used it on her scarf.  Her cute little bow comes from the Monster Mash set!  The "Custom sentiment" is one I made combining the Yeti set and the Hello Baby set.
That lovely twine from Lawn Fawn finishes up the tag and matches the Doodlebug berry color perfectly.
And what card is complete without some Wink of Stella?  Nada!  So even though it's difficult to see, my little Penguin girl is covered in Clear Wink of Stella, with a touch of it on each of the sentiments.

Happy Winter!


No comments:

Post a Comment