Friday, January 2, 2015

Happy New Year!

Another year goes down in history, 2015 is brand spanking new, and Alaskan's are thankful for more sunlight each day!  It was a very busy Christmas holiday season with our youngest graduating from TCU's Nursing Program and then off to Austin to celebrate with our whole family!

One of the gifts I opened was this cute little HERO ARTS wood mounted stamp (D5302)" Heart Owls." I wanted to start off the New Year using as many different companies products as I could on a card and still have it look relatively simple. I'm thankful for so many different products available that help card artists and crafters expand our expression!




 I used Bazzil Taffy card stock which is embossed with the Sizzix "Dots" embossing folder. I then used the Simon Says Stamp "Circle on a Line #111301 die for the cutout; repeating the cutout again adding some definition and color.  Memory Box "Twigs & Berries" die provided a nice branch so my Owls weren't just hanging in mid-air. Lawn Fawn for the cloud die, (cut from my favorite decorative 6 x 6 pad) and the sentiment from a new Mama Elephant set "Purrfect Pair." Sentiment is on 40 lb vellum, inked with Versamark with Hero Arts white embossing powder set off by a heart punched from EK Success heart punch.  Owls colored with Copic markers.  Remembering to count Copic Markers as a company, I think I counted nine different companies (manufacturers) for my card!

So grateful for a community of crafters that encourage each other and for companies that make fun things for us to "play" with!

MORE CARDS in 2015!


No comments:

Post a Comment