Friday, February 13, 2015

Be My Love Bug!

This sentiment is so charming and works perfectly with so many of the images in this "Bugs and Kisses" set from Lawn Fawn! It was one of the sets I packed along with my Derwent Inktencil watercolor pencils when we went away for some vacation time recently. Hawaii is an easy destination for Alaskans to get to and I am so very thankful to have been able to visit there and warm up mid winter. However, not being fond of bugs, and waking to find one crawling across my back causes me to have second thoughts about asking someone to be my "LOVE BUG!" Mercy!

Using one of the larger stamps in the set I was able to do a reverse image with my bee even though I didn't bring my special stamp along that I use for that sort of thing. Pretty straight forward card since many of my supplies were at home but, made a sweet valentine, none the less!



When I got home I used Glossy Accents on the lid to complete the metallic look and my corner rounder to round the one top corner. Only one really rainy day that kept me inside to do any stamping,but it was fun to bring a Snap Ware filled with supplies.

By no means complete, but these are the supplies I brought in case you are wondering what in the world to bring if you want to get crafty while you are away from your studio.

Ink Pads - Memento Tuxedo Black, Hero Arts Red Royal (Valentine themed) Archival Jet Black for Watercoloring
Paper - Pre-cut card stock in varying colors and decorative papers cut in random sizes. Watercolor paper.
Sissors - Cutter Bee's
Twine - Random handful in variety of colors
Derwent Inktense watercolor pencils - I have the 36 color set and easy to travel with as would many of the popular watercolor sets now.
WaterBrush - I love the ones with the reservoir to hold the water, but any watercolor brush will work.
 Tape Runner - I use the Craft Collection TomBow.

That really was it.  Pretty minimal but still gave me a chance to get creative and crafty if I wanted to change it up from reading.  Glad to be home with my crafty things near by and not to be sharing my bed with any bugs except, my LOVE bug!

Happy Valentine's Day!


No comments:

Post a Comment