Wednesday, February 11, 2015

You stole my heart!

This little raccoon critter could not be any cuter! Perfect timing on the sentiment for Valentine's Day! I loved this Cute Critters clear set from My Favorite Things when it was released and by the time I was ready to order it was on back order and restocked and I missed it, again!  So desperately I sourced it on ebay and purchased from an online store.  Such adorable little animals in this set, I will use it again, and again.


Shaker cards have been having a popular resurgence lately and many great tutorials are available through YouTube including one by Jennifer McGuire using fun foam. It's so much nicer instead of using foam tape.  Sharon Harnist has a video tutorial (here) showing how she colored the little raccoon, which I did refer too as I love how she shaded the Raccoon's mask darker on just the edges of the sides.

For my background I used MFT "Pinstripe" on SimonSaysStamp "Fog" card stock. The card base is a slate color from my stash.  The decorative paper inside the shaker window is from a new 6x6 pad from Pebbles, called "Happy Day." The "love" die cut is from MFT Dienamics 'Love and Adore You." Random sequins selected from my drawer include those from Pretty Pink Posh, and some from Neat and Tangled (freebie from ordering :).

More to come!

2 comments:

  1. Such an adorable card! Someone is going to be very lucky to be your valentine!

    ReplyDelete