Saturday, May 30, 2015

HELLO Sunshine! My Favorite Things

Well, HELLO SUNSHINE!  A welcome sight for Alaskan's and such bright, happy days after months of those long, dark, winter months. One of the mildest of winters for us (probably on record) but, still so happy to see the sun and have those midnight sun kind of nights! (It's still broad daylight at midnight). So a bit of a sunshine celebration in my card today.


 BUT WAIT! There's MORE!

1.  I began with smooching Distress Ink on my craft sheet and using a large brush to create a pale blue background on watercolor paper
2.  After background was completely dry I taped down the MFT Sun-Ray Stencil
3. Smooshing several yellow colors of Distress Ink I carefully covered the sun and rays portion of the stencil using my large brush.
4. After it was completely dry I placed my Sun-Ray background in my MISTI tool to stamp the sentiment.
5. Mounted background onto MFT card stock, placed my MFT Dienamics Flamingo die cut off to the side.

Was super happy with it until, I thought about a little sunny bling! And, then I couldn't stop!


I nearly threw the sequins in the air and glued them where they landed! And, if you need enabling MFT has begun their monthly countdown to a fun new summery release!

Happy Sunny Days!

1 comment:

  1. That background is stunning! This fun card puts a huge smile on my face.

    ReplyDelete