Tuesday, July 21, 2015

Join the PARTY! Creative Chick's 10TH BLOGIVERSARY!

Jenn Shurkus has been inspiring creative types for years in multiple roles of; teaching, managing stores, designing, blogging and now her famous Art Loft Retreats.  I first met Jenn when she was teaching and designing for A Muse Art Stamps. Immediately captivated by Jenn's friendly, fun and sassy personality, it's no wonder I haven't lost track of her!



Jenn inspires me to reach places that are usually not my "go to" creative genre which is certainly the case in my post here. Sharing today something of hers that caught my eye from February 18, 2015 on her blog here where her focus is on adding texture. It was a Wednesday Challenge card for SimonSaysStamp.



In this card Jenn used texture paste, a stencil, glitter and watercolor to create a background for her adorable SSS image. Join the party at Jenn's blog here:

Normally (what's normally, anyway) a Clean And Simple designer, I bumped it up to "Work it" Shurkus style!  Here's my take:






Using a HERO Arts "Tweed" stencil and texture paste I created an off to the side sort of background on top of Distress Ink watercolor. Mama Elephant image from "Chance of Rain" clear set is also watercolored, "Friends" die cut and Tim Holtz idea-o-logy stickers for the sentiment. What is subtle and nearly unseen by the camera is the touch of glitter applied to the texture paste while drying.

Jenn is certainly a friend who has made a difference in my life! 

Wonderful sponsors are joining in and offering great prizes to celebrate Jenn's Blogiversary.


Join the party, browse Jenn's blog and create something that has inspired you from Jenn's previous posts and have a chance to win cool prizes! Watch Jenn's blog on August 7, 2015 for prize winners.

Happy Blogiversary!

21 comments:

  1. Hi,I remember that post.I've learned so much from Jennifer .Perfect texture.I've always loved her different texture ideas.Adoreable card.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Valerie! Glad you are hopping along with Jenn's Blogiversary! Texture is such a great subtle addition to most anything!

      Delete
  2. Love your artistic take in the rain. Using the chevrons! Great idea. Cute card.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, BunnyD! Stencils are so fun and affordable and versatile! Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete
  3. Love your little girl with the raincoat and umbrella.
    The background is fabulously rainbow!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Debbie! Isn't that little girl, the cutest! Love to use watercolor for a backdrop!

      Delete
  4. Thank you reminding me about texture paste. The card is adorable.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Barbara! Yes, I love using texture paste! Sprinkling a bit of glitter on it before it dried was new to me!

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. Thanks, Jean! Love trying something new!

      Delete
  6. Adorable cards, and colorful just the way I liked them!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Adorable cards, and colorful just the way I liked them!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Adorable cards, and colorful just the way I liked them!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ack! That gorge-ous! Love those colors! You did a superb job casing Jenn's style!

    ReplyDelete
  10. i am so thankful that you haven't lost track of me ;) and you appreciate my sassy nature LOL AND i absolutely LOVE how you worked it "shurkus style" :) :) you rocked it!!!! hopefully you enjoyed it enough to try it again :) thank you SO much for being part of my blogiversary celebration it means a lot to me :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. That is a great background - love how bright it is :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such a cute card and love the background.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wonderful job and an excellent CASE of Jenn's card!! I think your card is so lovely with lots of yummy colors!! So glad you came to Jenn's party so I could visit you!!! Have a happy day!!!

    ReplyDelete