Tuesday, August 11, 2015

GOT CANDY?

Celebrating my Ellen Hutson happy mail with a fun new set "Got Candy?" designed by Julie Ebersole. Love the variety of solid stamps, sentiments, outline pumpkins and a super cute little ghost with his own shadow! Being smitten with all of them, I made two cards! Here's the one for today!






Love the detailed lines on all of these stamps! The images stamp clear and complete and are perfect for the embossed technique here.  Used black detailed embossing powder on my Distress Ink background (dried marigold, scattered straw, tumbled glass, evergreen bough and seedless preserves).
A few water and Mr. Huey's splatters give a little interest. Had to resort to making my own template for my little window frame. The die frame I had my eyes on was sold out so had to improvise using some of my dies to make my own.

This being the best summer on record for Alaska, I hate to see it come to an end, but these cute halloween images will make that transition a little easier!

Cheers!


2 comments:

  1. I love this! I am going to scrapping this idea for my own DIY window frame ... I have the Lawn Fawn Stitched Rectangles and Squares that will work really well to make window holes :) Boom! You have inspired me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy this has inspired you! Yes, also the Pretty Pink Posh Storybook die will work to make windows :)

    ReplyDelete