Thursday, September 17, 2015

Isn't that TWEET!

A "Tweet" birthday card on deck today that I made up for the MFTStamps Superstar Challenge, here.  Recently watched Susan Opel on Periscope as she encouraged us to submit for My Favorite Things Superstar Card Design. Over 430 plus cards have been submitted so far!  Wanting to use some new MFTStamps images and stencils, I got to work!

Here's what happened



Stamping my feathered image on Tim Holtz Watercolor paper I used my ZIG Watercolor Pens to color my image.  Knowing I wanted to use my Wonky Chevron MFT Mixable Stencil for a small background, I cut a mask for my Tropical bird (from the Birds of Paradise MFTStamps). And then another mask cut (from Inkadinkadoo masking paper) for the positive/negative outline so my stencil only covers the small Oval outline around the bird. With that prep done I distressed the Wonky Chevron in brown dye ink and then covered the stencil with embossing paste. Then gently pulled off the stencil, then each mask and "Voila!" At this point it was still a one layer card with multi-dimensions!  But, I love little popped up pieces and finished it off with a Kraft card stock card and matching paper for the sentiment, watercolored accent images, and fussy cut and mounted with foam squares. Thought I was done until I gussied it all up with Glossy Accents on the beak and Wink of Stella for some of the flowers!

So, there we have it, A Tweet Birthday card.

Cheers!



No comments:

Post a Comment