Monday, October 5, 2015

It's BOO Time!

A Purple theme for a worthy concern.  Purple is the color for National Domestic Violence Awareness month.  Stop for a moment and ponder this:

1 in 3 women will experience domestic violence over the course of their lifetimes. 33% of all the women you meet.

And mostly it isn't talked about. Becca Cruger of the blog "Damsel of Distressed" is not only talking about this but, she has offered up this amazing HOP with TONS of prizes from these awesome sponsors.



Be sure and stop by Becca's blog to see her creatively expressed, eyeopening post about domestic abuse.

Here's my card



I, too, am one of the 33 percent. Although this card is meant in a very lighthearted way, my life was not so many, many years ago. My family was very supportive, helpful, loving and rescuing. And, God offered protection, and second chances. I am forever grateful!

So if you are or know of someone in a domestic violence situation,


 reach out for help! 


Call the 24/7 confidential National Domestic Violence Helpline at 1-800-799-7233



Abuse is not just physical. It can be emotional, too.

And, submit a card for THE HOP TO STOP!



22 comments:

  1. Love your little witchie in the moon silhouette ... fun card.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, SmilynStef - My favorite card part, too! Thank you for saying so.

      Delete
  2. Sending BIG HUGS your way! Know that someone in little ol' North Dakota is thinking about you today and wishing you the very brightest day. Your card is sheer Halloweeny perfection! Love the purpley smudgy sky. Thank you SO much for supporting the Hop to Stop and for helping raise awareness about domestic violence!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Becca, Thank you for your sweet comments and glad you liked the card :) A Retired MFTStamp set. Big Hugs back at you!

      Delete
  3. Love your card...cool that you limited the images and background to the center of the card....peace and love to you

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Lisa for taking the time to leave sweet comments! Hugs to you!

      Delete
  4. You layout of your card and background sky is excellent, and Halloween cards are so much fun. Very pretty card.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Love those Distress Inks,Sue! Thank you for your sweet comments! I really appreciate them!

      Delete
  5. So sorry to hear of your experience, so glad that you can share and be part of this important blog hop!!!
    Your card is BOO-tiful - LOVE your scene and inking!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, TracyM! What a great cause for a blog hop!

      Delete
  6. Such an adorable card for The Hop to Stop. I love how you made the sky. Thank you for sharing your story. Most of my cards for the hop have been lighthearted and cute as well - I do it as a way of distracting myself from the sadness of this issue. My mom was brutalized by my birth father and she escaped with my brother and me when I was three. We were terrorized, and my memories of my childhood are so sad. I'm glad you found the hop and joined in. Sending hugs your way.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. KT Fit Kitty, Thank you for your comments! So glad you and your family found yourselves away from that abusive situation. Hopefully you found happy :) Hugs to you, too!

      Delete
  7. Replies
    1. Thank you VanessaB - Always fun to make a card!

      Delete
  8. LOVE this card--the colors, the little witch, and the perfect sentiment! So much fun!
    Take care!
    Michele

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Michele - I love that little set from MFTStamps. It's retired now, I'm pretty sure!
      Thanks for stopping by!
      Donna

      Delete
  9. EEK! What a cute Halloween card and a great use of purple!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Jerrie! Love. Those Distress Inks, they're like magic!

      Delete
  10. Love the cool scene you created here - especially the witch flying across the moon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Crafty Math Chick! She is the cutest little witch!

      Delete