Friday, October 9, 2015

Peace & Joy - Hero Arts


Creating is such good therapy. It's a healthy diversion. It calms and quiets me. Last night I had a "sad." It wasn't a huge thing; no bad diagnosis, nothing like a friend, family member or dog passing, nothing like that. It was just a hope that didn't come to be. So last night creating this, helped.





Among my passions in life, of which there are many, I show, breed and love Silky Terriers. They are feisty little big dogs in an 11-12 pound body. I made a decision based on conversations with long time Silky breeders that I would go forward with a breeding using a surgical procedure and frozen specimen. Sometimes it works, and sometimes it doesn't. It didn't this time. But sometimes it works, like the lady at the vet clinic who had her 8 year old Cardigan girl in for an after delivery exam with her milk bar dragging low and her 5 babies in the car that were produced from 17 year old, frozen semen. So, my husband and I are not sad that we tried and we might even try again, someday.  So a little watercolor, some embossing (SnowFlurries Texture Fades) and the BEAUTIFUL Hero Arts Peace and Joy, stamped with Versamark and white embossing made a nice focal point. The die cuts from Simon Says Stamp (Songbird Branch) and Memory Box (Mini Holly Leaves) seemed to set it off. That and a little glitter, because sometimes you gotta sparkle!  And, put a bird on it!

Thanks for stopping by!

2 comments:

  1. Donna ...You're gentle strength and tender attitude Always gives me courage.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your sweet, heart filled words. <3 Donna

      Delete