Sunday, October 4, 2015

World Card Making Day

October 3, 2015 was World Card Making Day! How fun to think that all over the world people who like to make cards were doing their crafty thing, yesterday. Making and sending cards just put smiles on not only the faces of the ones receiving the card, but on the face of the one creating them! It's just a happy and encouraging hobby. Now that technology has come along and offered us the opportunity to see LIVE streaming on "Periscope" many crafters are making their debut with their fun projects, cards and in my case the "Messy Studio Periscope." So lots of fun things to participate in to celebrate World Card Making Day.

Here is one of the cards I made for World Card Making Day:


The cutest little mice in the world available in the My Favorite Things Harvest Mouse clear set. I colored in my image with Copic Markers and then masked out the mouse image and used Tim Holtz Distress inks for my background and stamped my sentiment in MFT (My Favorite Things) Hybrid Ink in the Tangy Orange color.  For a little added interest the leaf to the left of the sentiment was stamped, colored and popped up on a foam square, Sequins from PPP, AveryElle and Little Things by Lucy's cards.  A matching die(dienamics) set is available for the Harvest Mouse set. A wish list item!

Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment