Saturday, February 27, 2016

Thinking of you

 Those we love and care about are on our "hearts and minds" often and how kind to send a card to let them know! This "Thinking of you" sentiment is just perfect for that. Ellen Hutson LLC recently released beautiful images and dies by Julie Ebersole. So many fun things to "oooh and aww" over!  This was what I came up with for the Mondo Hydrangea set.


Thinking about no line coloring with Copic markers had me deciding to try a no line watercoloring technique with this image. So I stamped it up in Adirondack Shell Pink (a very light dye ink) and Adirondack Lettuce for the leaves. After taking the Online Card Classes Watercolor class I am trying to practice watercoloring with some of my images. Thankfully Ellen Hutson LLC is now carrying the Daniel Smith water colors! I have much to learn with watercoloring techniques but, this is a beautiful image to work on!

Essentials by Ellen sponsors a monthly "Pin-Sights Challenge" based on a Pinterest inspired piece.  There are still a few days left to play along with this challenge.  See this for details.


4 comments:

  1. Donna your card is beautiful. That hydrangea stamp is on my wish list, and your use of it is stunning and inspiring.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Nancy! It was relaxing and fun to watercolor!

      Delete